NEW MADRID FAULT, WHEN WILL IT SNAP?
New Madrid Fault
What is the New Madrid fault line, and why is it so much on the tips of tongues these days?
The New Madrid fault line essentially follows the Mississippi River from Illinois to Arkansas.
- The New Madrid fault system, or the New Madrid seismic zone, is a series of faults beneath the continental crust in a weak spot known as the Reelfoot Rift. It cannot be seen on the surface. The fault system extends 150 miles southward from Cairo, Illinois through New Madrid and Caruthersville, Missouri, down through Blytheville, Arkansas to Marked Tree, Arkansas. It dips into Kentucky near Fulton and into Tennessee near Reelfoot Lake, and extends southeast to Dyersburg, Tennessee. It crosses five state lines, and crosses the Mississippi River in at least three places.
Seems like a local affair, but this is deceptive.
Where quakes along the West Coast of the US cause a jolt in the underlying rock, the area surrounding the New Madrid is essentially mud, soil, wet from the mighty Mississippi and Missouri and Tennessee and Ohio rivers which join near the New Madrid fault line, and liquifaction thus affects a huge area.
- The shock or repeated shock of earthquake waves can cause water-saturated soil to rearrange itself in such a way that it essentially becomes a suspension of solids in the liquid. Heavy structures on such areas can suddenly sink or shift. Buried objects can shift and relatively low density objects can float to the surface.
The last great quakes on the New Madrid fault line occurred in the Winter of 1811-1812.
- The 400 terrified residents in the town of New Madrid (Missouri) were abruptly awakened by violent shaking and a tremendous roar. It was December 16, 1811, and a powerful earthquake had just struck. This was the first of three magnitude-8 earthquakes and thousands of aftershocks to rock the region that winter. Survivors reported that the earthquakes caused cracks to open in the earth's surface, the ground to roll in visible waves, and large areas of land to sink or rise. By winter's end, few houses within 250 miles of the Mississippi River town of New Madrid (Missouri) remained undamaged. The crew of the New Orleans (the first steamboat on the Mississippi, which was on her maiden voyage) reported mooring to an island only to awake in the morning and find that the island had disappeared below the waters of the Mississippi River. Damage was reported as far away as Charleston, South Carolina, and Washington, D.C.
Just how far ranging was the effect, compared to a quake of similar Richter on the West Coast?
- Earthquakes in the central or eastern United States affect much larger areas than earthquakes of similar magnitude in the western United States. For example, the San Francisco, California, earthquake of 1906 (magnitude 7.8) was felt 350 miles away in the middle of Nevada, whereas the New Madrid earthquake of December 1811 (magnitude 8.0) rang church bells in Boston, Massachusetts, 1,000 miles away. Differences in geology east and west of the Rocky Mountains cause this strong contrast. [And more recently] earthquakes of similar magnitude-the 1895 Charleston, Missouri, earthquake in the New Madrid seismic zone and the 1994 Northridge, California, earthquake, [showed similar effects].
- The [quake] in 1968, centered in southeastern Illinois near the confluence of the Tennessee and Ohio rivers, caused moderate damage, but it was felt across 23 states -- as far as the Carolinas -- and into Canada.
A map on the USGS website shows the relative extent of influence, which is far more dramatic than might be imagined.
In 1994 the 6.7 Richter Northridge quake was felt throughout southern California, barely reaching over the border into Nevada and Arizona and Mexico.
The comparable 1895 Charleston, MO quake covered the eastern half of the US, primarily affected, of course, were the states central to the New Madrid fault line - Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana.
But the effect covered at least half of the states of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Iowa, and crossed the border into the states of New York and Florida.
But the seriousness of the situation is not described by the effects of quakes in 1811 and 1895, as going into the pole shift, during the quakes preceding the pole shift, there is another aspect to the fault line adjustments.
There is an Earth torque, cause by the twisting of the globe that Planet X causes when it tugs on the S Pole of Earth and the highly magnetized Atlantic Rift, daily.
- ZetaTalk: Torque Effect, written May 1, 2004
- By gripping the Atlantic Rift, the cause of the Global Quakes that have racked the Earth [since 2003], Planet X is creating a slow continental drift. The Atlantic Rift is held back when it faces or is in opposition to Planet X, creating not only a pile up in the plates following the rift, but also tearing apart the rift by the momentum to the East. What is the effect on the plates on either side of the rift when a void is created? There is a slide into the void, on the side experiencing a pileup, and thus the N American Plate is dropping into the void, relieving the stress of compression along its northern border in the Arctic by a torque to the side as it does so. The overall effect of this drift, which will increase in speed and force, will be a torque. Hold the globe with the left hand on the N Pole, the right hand on the S Pole. The N Pole going in the direction of rotation with the S Pole held back, the torque forces the N American Plate down and into the Caribbean.
Complicating the torque is the fact that the N American continent is held rigid at the top, where the plate boundary crosses through the Arctic from the Kamchaka Peninsula just above Japan in almost a straight line to Iceland in the Altantic, East of Greenland.
The N American plate, thus, CANNOT roll round to adjust to the stress of having the Atlantic widen and the Pacific shorten during the tugging Planet X does upon the Earth.
Mexico wants to move westward faster than Alaska, but cannot without pulling the N American continent in a diagonal, a stress the Zetas call the N American Rip.
This ZetaTalk was written during a time when S Dakota, at the Black Hills, was showing an odd stress wobble once daily, a clear sign this was a wobble induced by the tugging of Planet X.
- ZetaTalk: N American Rip, written Feb 10, 2006
- When Planet X arrived in the inner solar system in 2003 and began seriously tugging at the highly magnetized Atlantic Rift, it accentuated this stretch on either side of the Atlantic. What went unstated during these discussions is why a stretch zone occurs. Look at S America, on the large S American plate. As the Atlantic is pulled apart, the Pacific compressed, it is required to have the upper part migrate to the West more than the tip, which is anchored at Antarctica. It moves as a whole, in the main, crunching the small plates in the Caribbean and Central America as it does so and popping the plate holding the Galapagos Islands which lies just to the west of S America. It can move, in short. But what of the N American plate? The giant plates of N America and Eurasia are locked against each other, unable to rotate against each other due to their shape. Slip-slide along the West Coast, measured as a creep by geologists, is due only to slight adjustments along that edge of the plate, primarily due to adjustments within the small plates to the west of the N American plate, which move to accommodate pressure.
The N American plate does not move, pre se, but other dramas occur. We explained [in May 2004], months before it expressed enough to show up on IRIS charts, the Earth torque caused as the N Pole continuing to rotate to the East while the S Pole was held back by Planet X, tending to open the globe like a jar of pickles. This creates a diagonal stress on the N American continent where New England is pulled to the east while Mexico is pulled to the West, so the New Madrid is put under slip-slide stress where one half, east of the Mississippi, will move toward the NE while the other, west of the Mississippi, moves toward the SW. The virtual hook of land in the N American continent near the Kamchatka peninsula is solid rock and will not snap off to become a separate land plate, nor would this ease the deadlock along the N American and Eurasian plates even it if did. These massive plates cannot move.
The stress on the N American plate will resolve by ripping. Ripping the St. Lawrence Seaway open. Pulling the SE down into the crumbling Caribbean and into the widening Atlantic, as neither of these sinking fronts will be able to support the edge of the weighty N American plate. There is pressure along the West Coast, of course, and as the N American plate confronts the compressing Pacific, this will only result in the predictable volcanic increases and West Coast earthquakes. But the primary drama preceding the pole shift will be the ripping action that a plate unable to move must endure. The notable area of catastrophe during this is the eastern half of the continental US. From Houston to Chicago to New England, the diagonal pull will tear the underpinning of cities and create a catastrophe for the US that will make the New Orleans disaster appear trivial. A widening Seaway also does not affect just those land masses bordering the Seaway, as buckling occurs inland and afar. What does man assume caused the Black Hills to be so rumpled, with the appearance of a recent bucking and heaving? This is the center of a land plate! The tearing of the Seaway does not end at Duluth, MN, it travels underground to S Dakota!
The first evidence of this torque on the N American continent occurred in August of 2003, when a massive power outage struck New York City, causing a complete blackout with a million commuters walking home to suburbia silently across the bridges.
The cause? A substation at Niagara, on the stretching seaway.
- Reuters, Aug 14, 2003
- A New York State official said the Niagara Mohawk power grid overloaded on Thursday, causing a massive power outage, and New York Major Michael Bloomberg said it was likely a natural occurrence. A massive power outage swept across swaths of the eastern United States and Canada on Thursday, leaving sections of New York , Detroit, Cleveland and Toronto without electricity. It was not immediately clear whether the Niagara Mohawk problem caused the wider outage.
- AP, Aug 14, 2003
- Canadian officials insisted a massive blackout Thursday across the Northeast and parts of Canada originated in the United States, though U.S. power workers denied that and American officials blamed Canada.
This was followed by trail derailments and bursting gas and water mains and sinkholes and yawing crevasses that were suddenly and dramatically in the news.
Sinking, or lack of support in stretch zone, results in sinkholes.
The incidence of sinkholes, in the US alone, during the 6 months period from April to October 2004, was certainly astonishing.
These hit Florida hard, not surprising as it is at a point, literally, where the pull down is the most extreme.
Detroit and Milwaukee, at the end of the St. Lawrence Seaway yawing.
up the East Cost through Virginia and into Pennsylvania, a point where sinking and rising land create a break, a snapping of the Earth, as land south of Pennsylvania is pulled down while land North tends to bounce up as the Seaway yaws.
And into land at the edge of the stretch zone, such as Missouri and central Canada.
- Missouri Sinkhole, June 9, 2004
- To folks around Wildwood MO, it is nothing but freaky: an entire 23-acre lake vanished in a matter of days, as if someone pulled the plug on a bathtub. Lake Chesterfield went down a sinkhole this week, leaving homeowners in this affluent St. Louis suburb wondering if their property values disappeared along with their lakeside views.
- Milwaukee Sinkhole, June 11, 2004
- A Milwaukee street was closed Friday because of a huge sinkhole. The hole, at 35th and Juneau streets, measures around 40 feet long, 40 feet wide and about 15 feet deep.
- Florida Sinkhole, June 25, 2004
- US 27 was closed Tuesday when the Department of Transportation discovered a giant sinkhole below the surface. The sinkhole was about 20 to 30 feet in diameter.
- Florida Sinkhole, July 1, 2004
- The discovery of a sinkhole near Highway 100 east of Franklin forced work to stop last week on the city's sewer extension project.
- Detroit Sinkhole, Aug 23, 2004
- A giant sinkhole in Sterling Heights grew even bigger late Monday morning as repair crews worked to stabilize the ground surrounding it. The hole measured approximately 160 feet long and 60 feet wide. The cavity was estimated to be as deep as 30 feet. Crews could not say what caused the sinkhole.
- Scranton PA Sinkhole, Sep 19, 2004
- As the Pittston Avenue sinkhole continues to expand, so does the number of damaged properties in Lackawanna County. Across town on Pittston Avenue, city and state officials met Monday morning to examine the subsidence that swallowed a portion of the road near Brook Street, rupturing a gas line and forcing the evacuation of at least 50 residents. The sink hole has expanded by about five feet and now consumed three-fourths of the two-lane road.
- Virginia Sinkhole, Oct 5, 2004
- A collector lane of Interstate 81 in Montgomery County was closed Monday because of a sinkhole. Crews will repair the sinkhole by excavating it, filling it with rock, capping it with concrete and paving over it.
- Florida Sinkhole, Oct 14, 2004
- 50-Foot Wide Sinkhole Opens In Couple's Backyard. The Fishers were in disbelief when they noticed two 30 foot trees, a shed and two other citrus trees had been swallowed up by the ground.
If trains were derailing due to twisting track, and sinkholes appearing suddenly under highways, this was not the only horror aflicting transportation.
Road heaved, bridges dropped, and land slid on top of traffic.
Particularly in July, 2004, oddly, in 3 different US states.
This shows a relationship to a diagonal pull across the US, happening at that time.
- Kansas Road Pop, July 13, 2004
- Sweltering Heat Causes Street to Rise 5 Inches, Crack, and Blow Up. Experts say the crack is unusual, because the heat-related breaks typically occur in concrete, as opposed to asphalt.
- Illinois Heaving Road, July 29, 2004
- A block of road was in normal condition last week, but since then it has risen three or four inches out of the ground. Now, traffic is blocked off in that area. The City Engineer's office say they still don't know what's causing the road to rise up.
- Pennsylvania Quarry, July 29, 2004
- A huge chunk of earth surrounding a quarry collapsed overnight. Deep crevices can be seen right on the shoulder of the roadway. The cause of the collapse is under investigation.
- Denver I70 Overpass, May 15, 2004
- I-70 is closed in both directions at C-470 after a steel girder collapsed onto the eastbound lanes of I-70 and landed on a SUV. The girder weighed several tons. The girder was put up as part of a project to widen a ramp that leads to I-70.
This twisting of the North American continent involves New England pulled to the East along with the rotation of the Earth, Mexico and the southwest pulled to the West, as the South Pole was being tugged in that direction.
This opened crevasses in the southwest.
This was not due to compression, subduction of plates, but due to the stretch, the land in these areas being pulled apart.
These sudden crevasses were not associated with any particular earthquake, but they WERE associated with road pops from Kansas to Illinois to Pennsyvania!
Again, in July 2004.
- Mexico Crevasse, June 29, 2004
Huge Mile-Long Crevasse Opens along Fault in Western Mexico
- A gaping, mile-long crevasse opened early Tuesday along what officials described as a geological fault line in western Mexico. The crevasse reportedly opened without warning early Wednesday. It stretches about one mile across farm fields in a sparsely populated area in Zapopan, a suburb of the western city of Guadalajara. It is as much as 15 feet wide in some places.
- Arizona Crevasse, July 14, 2004
Quarter-Mile-Long Fissure opens North of Willcox
- Authorities today are investigating the cause of a fissure north of Willcox that spans a quarter mile and is up to five feet wide at some points. The fissure was discovered Wednesday morning by a resident who told Cochise County Sheriff's deputies that he awoke to loud rumbling and crackling overnight. He found a fissure near his home, that officials say appears to be expanding. Authorities do not know how deep the fissure is, but a spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Department said it's too deep to see the bottom. Willcox is about 80 miles east of Tucson.
Sinking land in the stretch zone very much affects gas and water mains running under streets, and a rash of reports emerged as Planet X tightened its grip on the Earth.
During the 6 months reporting period from April to October 2004, pipes were snapping all across the stretch zone like never before.
- Atlanta Explosion, Aug 23, 2004
- Georgia Power crews continued working Monday afternoon to repair underground power lines in downtown Atlanta that exploded overnight, sending manhole covers flying into the air. An official with Georgia Power said such explosions are not common. The force of the blast sent three, 50-pound manhole covers into the air.
- Boston Tunnel Leak, Sep 15, 2004
- Gridlock ensued when water began leaking into the northbound lanes of the tunnel, at one of its deepest points. The tunnel carries Interstate 93 through the city. The leak occured in a portion of the wall which has been in place for 10 years.
- Buffalo Water Main, Sep 20, 2004
- A water main break in Buffalo early this morning has shut down part of Chippewa Street. Water bubbling up from the break flooded the area and caused parts of Chippewa to buckle. As the area began to resemble a lake, police blocked off intersections and water crews were summoned to the scene.
- Virginia Main Break, Oct 22, 2004
- The crack extended about three-quarters across on the bottom, which indicated that it was a stress crack caused by the earth's movement. The earth shifted, and deep below the surface a water line bent and cracked.
- Boston Main Break, Oct 29, 2004
- City officials said a 36-inch water main gave way, shooting a high-pressure jet of water underground and clearing away the dirt and sand under the road. The hole stretched nearly across Perkins Avenue and was at least 15 feet deep. The DPW Commissioner said he was unsure what caused the 36-inch pipe to let go.
By June, 2005 scientists were openly admitting they were concerned about the New Madrid fault.
- AP, Jun 22, 2005
- US scientists, reporting in the British science journal Nature on Thursday, say the New Madrid Seismic Zone is deforming rapidly, experiencing rates of strain that are similar to those in notoriously active plate boundaries.
- New Data Confirms Strong Earthquake Risk to Central US, Jun 22, 2005
- Strain is building on a fault near Memphis, Tennessee that was the site of a magnitude 8.1 earthquake in 1812. Such a strong earthquake would rock the entire eastern half of the country and prove devastating to the local region. In a three-month period in 1811-12, three major earthquakes rattled a broad expanse of the United States, causing damage as far away as Charleston, South Carolina and even rattling nerves in Boston. The quakes triggered landslides into the Mississippi River and, according to some boaters who were not drowned, sent part of the river running the other direction for a time. The earthquakes were centered around New Madrid, Missouri. They measured 8.1, 8.0 and 7.8 and represent three of the four strongest earthquakes ever recorded in the lower 48 states. Sandy soil in some areas became liquefied in past events. This tendency for soil east of the Rockies to liquefy, along with other differences in geology, means earthquakes there pack more potential for damage and are felt over a much wider region than western temblors.
A few months later, in September of 2005, a mysterious smell like rotting cabbage or the cat's litter box wafted across the US.
- Bellaire, Ohio Strange Smell
Sep 20, 2005
- A mysterious smell has been lingering around numerous neighborhoods in one local community, and now residents want to know where that odor is coming from and if it's dangerous.
Central Texas: Strange Odor Prompts School Evacuation
Sep 22, 2005
Washington Post: Mysterious Stench Nauseates Northeast
Sep 30, 2005
- LA Times: Mysterious Stench Swirls Around City
Sep 22, 2005
- And so it went across the Southland, as some detected strong odors from the coast to the Valley. Workplaces and weblogs were buzzing, with descriptions comparing the smell to old socks, rotting cabbage soup, moldy wet wallboard and the cat´s litter box.
- Thunder Bay Canada: Strange Smell in Lonlac
Sep 27, 2005
- Municipal officials are urging Longlac residents to exercise caution as they investigate reports of gasoline-type odours in the towns sewer system.
- Washington DC Affiliate: Mystery Odors Reported Around District
Sep 28, 2005
- Students returned to class Wednesday afternoon at two adjacent schools in Northeast Washington, but the mystery continues over what caused the odor that led to evacuations.
- Greenville, South Carolina: Workers Sickened at Downtown Greenville Building
Sep 29, 2005
- A foul smell at a downtown Greenville building sickened several workers and forced an evacuation. Four people were sent to Greenville Memorial Hospital for treatment of nausea.
- Lake Erie burps and nearby residents smell it
Sep 30, 2005
- State and federal environmental officials are trying to determine the cause of a big stink reported along Lake Erie. Hundreds of residents called authorities or the National Weather Service yesterday to report the smell, which has been variously described as like gasoline, natural gas or even decaying garbage and rotten eggs.
The cause, per the Zetas, was methane gas released when rock fingers were pulled apart, releasing gasses from rotting material trapped between rock layers.
- ZetaTalk: Stretch Stench, written Oct 1, 2005
- We have gone into great detail on what occurs in the stretch zones along the Atlantic, which includes the southeast United States and the St Lawrence Seaway, and warned recently that the stretch would accelerate and be exacerbated by the torque effect which is twisting the North American continent at a diagonal, pulling New England to the East and Mexico to the West. The overall effect of these forces is to drag the southeastern US down, along a line from Pennsylvania to Texas; to pull the continent diagonally; and to ease stress on the West Coast, as can be shown by IRIS charts indicating reduced earthquake incidence along the West Coast compared to the rest of the Ring of Fire. What happens to rock layers under a diagonal pull, or being pulled apart? As can be seen during recent years, this has resulted in derailing trains, sinkholes suddenly appearing, gas and water main breaks, torn roadways and separating bridges. Despite the effect on man, crawling about on the surface of what they assume to be terra firma, these changes are superficial. When the pulling starts, weak points break and thereafter the plumbing and roadways hold, giving the impression that the pulling has stopped, but this is misleading.
The North American continent is giving evidence that its rock layers are separating from each other, and sliding sideways in a diagonal, thus exposing portions of these layers to vent into the air above. If rock is being stressed, then where are the earthquake predictors giving evidence of this, the frantic animals, the static on the radio, the earthquake swarms? Rock in the stretch zone, pulling apart rather than compressing, does not emit the particles flows that animals and radios sense, nor register on instruments are tension and release quakes. What lies beneath mankind's civilization, waiting to be exposed? More than rock and trapped oil and coal deposits, those these may vent during stretching. More than trapped volcanic gasses, perhaps trapped for eons since the rock was hardened or breached during previous upheavals. There is also, surprisingly, rotting material, trapped when extreme stress on the surface created yawing that swallowed surface material or when rock layers rolled over each other to sandwich such material between rock layers. Exposed, to the degree that venting upward into the air can occur, these smells are solid evidence that the rock layers below are adjusting. Since the concept of the stretch zone behavior as precursor to a pole shift was introduced by ourselves, the Zetas, and the detailed description of the torque on the North American continent was made by ourselves months before it expressed on the IRIS charts, we can only say, as Nancy is fond of saying, Zetas right again!
In early 2006 there was additional evidence that the N American continent was being put under stress, pulled in a diagonal.
Within a 4 week period, mining accidents from Canada to Mexico occurred, in a line parallel to one that could be drawn from Maine to Mexico, the stress line that the Zetas have described.
The first was in the Sago mines in West Virginia, then another in Ontario, Canada, followed by a rare disaster in Mexico.
- Workers Try to Reach Trapped Mexico Miners
Feb 20, 2006
- Rescue workers were burrowing through debris clogging a Mexican coal mine early Monday in a desperate effort to reach some 65 miners who were trapped for more than a day by a gas explosion. A federal labor official told reporters during a news conference at the site that officials found nothing unusual during a routine evaluation on Feb. 7. Last month, 14 miners died in two separate accidents at mines in West Virginia, in the United States. Two men died in a fire Jan. 21 at a mine in Melville, nearly three weeks after 12 men died after an explosion near Tallmansville. In Canada last month, 72 potash miners walked away from an underground fire and toxic smoke after being locked down overnight in airtight chambers packed with enough oxygen, food and water for several days.
Methane gas was suspected.
Although a constant source of worry, why the sudden rash of explosions across the continent, and along a diagonal line parallel to what the Zetas have described?
If so, coincidentally, Maine was reporting odd methane bubbles off their coast.
University of Maine geologists reported in December, in the Portland Press Herald, 12-26-05, that dozens of methane fields off the coast of Maine were releasing large amounts of gas, disrupting the ocean floor and creating massive bubbles.
By July, 2006, Cleveland, Ohio was reports quake swarms.
Accompanying this was another blackout caused by problems in what is called the Lake Erie Loop.
The stretching Seaway, at it again!
- An Earthquake Every Two Weeks? It's Happening Near Cleveland
Jul 13, 2006
- Without damage or injury and sometimes unnoticed, a corner of suburban Cleveland has become the earthquake capital of Ohio, shaking on average every two weeks since New Year's Day and making people wonder: What's next? Earthquake experts don't know why the repetitive quakes have come at this time. Eye-catching series of earthquakes -- measuring from magnitude 2.0 to 3.8
- Power returns to most areas hit by blackout
Jul 21, 2003
- New York state was facing the largest blackout in the history of America and had lost more than 85 percent of power in New York state. the exact cause remains unknown, but indications so far point to a downed 345,000 volt power line east of Cleveland, Ohio, on the "Lake Erie loop" - a series of transmission lines around the lake.
Then on Sep 10, 2006, a rare quake in the Gulf of Mexico, on a fault line the USGS was unaware existed.
- Gulf Quake Felt From La. to Fla.
Sep 10, 2006
- The largest earthquake to strike the eastern Gulf of Mexico in the last 30 years sent shock waves from Louisiana to southwest Florida Sunday, but did little more than rattle residents. The magnitude 6.0 earthquake, centered about 260 miles southwest of Tampa, was too small to trigger a tsunami or dangerous waves. The USGS received more than 2,800 reports from people who felt the 10:56 a.m. quake. Scientists said it was the largest and most widely felt of more than a dozen earthquakes recorded in the region in three decades. The most prevalent vibration, which lasted for about 20 seconds, was felt on the gulf coast of Florida and in southern Georgia. But residents in Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana also called in reports. The epicenter is an unusual location for earthquake activity, but scientists recorded a magnitude 5.2 temblor in the same location on Feb. 10. The temblor was unusual because it was not centered on a known fault line.
The Zetas related this to the stress on the N American continent, and the pending New Madrid diagonal rip.
- ZetaTalk: GodlikeProduction Live, written Sep 16, 2006
- We have stated that the New Madrid fault line will give way soon, in a diagonal pull not predicted by the experts as they discount the torque the N American plate is currently subject to. New England goes East, along with the Earth's rotation, but Mexico is tugged back toward the West when the S Pole is tugged by Planet X. This Earth Torque was predicted by ourselves 9 months prior to the Dec 26, 2004 tsunami quake in Sumatra, and has shown up on IRIS charts ever since. The diagonal pull on the New Madrid will cause the land East of the Mississippi to slide NE, land West of the Mississippi to slip SW, tearing many of the bridges across the Mississippi. As the fault lines known by man are those that have recently adjusted, during the quiet times between pole shifts, it comes as a shock to find new fault lines in the center of the plate, and even more shocking, that large quakes are occurring there! This is only the start of New Madrid activity, which has also cause quake swarms in the SE US and torn the land in the SW and Mexico into crevasses. Just when it will hit, we will not say, as by the rules we are placed under by the Council of Worlds, we are not allowed to warn the public.
This was followed by more adjustments in New England, which is scheduled to rise some 450 feet above sea level during the coming pole shift.
The tiny New England states are grouped at the end of what will become increasingly a peninsula of land, due to the widening of the St. Lawrence Seaway and the melting poles. The land is rocky, and will rise some 450 feet by our estimate above the current level due to the land being freed from its current connections during this continental rip.
Quake swarms continued in Maine, and a dramatic drop in the water level in wells at the USGS site.
- Maine Quake Causes Dramatic Drop in Well Water Level
Oct 3, 2006
- A minor earthquake that shook parts of Maine at 8:07 p.m. local time Monday caused water to drop 2.5 feet at a
U.S. Geological Survey monitoring well. Nearly 17 hours later, the water level was still dropping. Hydrologists call the change in the well dramatic. The preliminary magnitude 3.9 earthquake was the third such event to shake the state in the past few weeks. A magnitude 2.5 earthquake on Sep 28 and a magnitude 3.4 on Sep 22 were centered in the same location.
Per the Zetas, all these are clues that the New Madrid does not have long to go before it gives way, allowing the diagonal slip along the Mississippi that the Zetas have predicted.
- ZetaTalk: GodlikeProduction Live, written Oct 7, 2006.
- Periodically, during the N American plate rip taking place steadily, there is evidence that rock fingers are being pulled apart, fault lines slip sliding past each other, and land rising or dropping. During 2004 and into 2005 there were seemingly endless reports of water and gas mains breaking, sinkholes developing and bridges and roadways buckling in the stretch zone. Crevasses occurred suddenly in Mexico and the SW. In the Fall of 2005, there was a stretch stench noted across the continent, from moldering soil pockets suddenly exposed to the air and releasing methane gas. During a two week period, mining disasters occurred at the Sago mine in W Virginia, eastern Canada, and Mexico, all trapping miners in well publicized rescue operations. Methane gas was again the prime culprit. Blackouts along the Seaway are blamed on a single failure creating a domino effect, but the station at Niagara, along the Seaway, has been the culprit, repeatedly. Quake swarms occur near Cleveland, Ohio, pointing to the separating Seaway as the source.
Now quakes in the Gulf at a previously unknown fault, and in Maine, with result that the water level is either falling or the land rising. Why do these events seem to come and then go, if the stretch is continuous? The answer lies in what holds the fabric together. That part of the rock strata preventing the stretch or torque from occurring is put under stress until it snaps, then movement occurs. What might be termed soft structures snap when movement is first allowed. Thus, gas and water mains long considered structurally sound snapped when the FIRST movement occurred, and soft soil adjustments such as crevasses or sinkholes likewise occurred. Once these soft area have adjusted, this type of activity seems to stop, but the fault lines are still sliding and rock fingers are still separating. Maine, and the New England area, will rise significantly when the Seaway rips, as we have stated. As all precursor quakes during the time going into the shift proceed along the scripted drama that will occur during the shift itself, the New England area can expect to rise as adjustments occur in the N American continent. Thus, the water level FALLS.
The Zetas have stated the devastation will make the New Orleans disaster appear trivial.
New Orleans, after all, was another disaster waiting to happen, not a surprise.
It was only a matter of time.
For the New Madrid disaster, affecting cities from Houston to St. Louis to Kansas City to Memphis to Cincinnati to Chicago and parts in between, the number of people left suddenly homeless will be immense, compared to New Orleans.
These cities are not quake proofed, as is the norm on the West Coast.
Lets look at the New Orleans disaster for a preview of what to expect, insofar as rescue attempts.
- ZetaTalk: New Orleans, a Preview, written Sep 2, 2005
- We have described from the start of ZetaTalk a situation where the coastlines and river basins will be massively flooded during the pole shift, to the extent that coastal cities are flooded with a flood tide that just keeps rising, putting homes and the lower levels of buildings under water. All this seems fantasia to many, despite the physical evidence that such flood tides have happened in the past. Where New Orleans flooded because it was below the current sea level, and where the flooding of the city is not to the extent we have described for the pole shift, it nonetheless is an example of how water and wind can wreck a city and make all the former residents homeless, in a wink. Add to the mess in New Orleans the fact of tall buildings toppled by earthquakes, and people trapped in earthquake rubble, and you have the picture of what is to come.
We have described from the start of ZetaTalk a situation where the grid, electrical power and phone lines, will be almost completely disrupted, water and gas mains ruptured, with no hope of repair, the result of an assault by earthquakes, water wash during flooding, and hurricane force winds. Many sitting comfortably in their homes dismiss such a possibility, as surely the modern technology they have come to enjoy will be able to quickly repair itself, as is this not the case after an ice storm or earthquake now? Where the disruption in New Orleans is due to flooding and winds, without the addition of quake damage, the total interruption of services for those trapped in New Orleans is certainly evident - pumps down, gas line breaks, water fouled, and no electricity.
We have described from the start of ZetaTalk the anticipated effects of denial among those not willing to acknowledge the need for making changes in their lives, to the extent that they refuse to make any changes or take any steps toward taking themselves to safety. This despite mounting evidence that their survival will be tenuous if they do not take such steps. Where the depth of this denial, affecting a large portion of the population, seems incredulous, this is precisely what has occurred in New Orleans. Given orders to evacuate by the authorities, many chose to remain, comforting themselves by denying the possibility of harm. This denial was evident among the rich as well as poor, among vacationers remaining in fancy hotels as well as no place to go but the hovel that was their current home.
We have described from the start of ZetaTalk the reaction of the rich and powerful to the threat of accelerating Earth changes, that being that they would suppress talk of this in the media in order to maintain the status quo, keeping the common man at their stations, at their jobs, and being consumers until the last. Where such treatment of the common man is nothing new, what occurred going into assault on New Orleans or the Gulf coast? Known to be unsafe, below sea level, or potentially in the path of such monster storms, housing and industry and commercial ventures were funded and encouraged. Encouraging the status quo, instead of championing an alternative such as moving enterprises and people inland, occurred.
We have warned from the start of ZetaTalk that self sufficiency, rather than relying on government handouts or camps, was absolutely key to survival after the pole shift, as rescue would not be forthcoming and camps would become work or perhaps death camps, ultimately. To those clinging to the comforting thought of the government as a substitute parent, or to those working for the government, this is dismissed as bad advice, but what has occurred in New Orleans? First, everyone is marched into the Super Dome, where bad water and lack of food is compounded by crowding. Bad move, and not the last bad move, as now the crowd is being relocated yet again, where more disappointments from government services are likely to result.
We have emphasized from the start of ZetaTalk the need to distill drinking water to clean not only germs but pollutants such as heavy metals, as the pole shift will create a cesspool of industrial wastes where these are stored in tanks or produced, and exploding volcanoes will put lead into surface water as the volcanic ash drifts and lands far and wide. Most often, our admonitions result in a lot of discussion about water filtration systems, as though these will be handy and replacement parts available. Distilling water is time consuming, a multi-step operation, and thus tiresome to even think about. But what has happened in New Orleans? Suddenly, drinking water is not available, and the knowledge about how to clean the water is being discussed in the media. Of course, those living in the cesspool can't hear these discussions, and are drinking dirty water. If these citizens had been told how to clean their water, beforehand, with what they had at hand, all manner of problems would have been avoided.
We have described from the start of ZetaTalk that the expectation of a return to normalcy could hinder adjustments after the pole shift, as many would simply sit and wait for rescue. There will be no rescue, and normalcy will not return, as the broken link rule would prevail. Where the pole shift will put the entire world into crisis mode, such that any emergency response team is overextended, this was certainly seen in the microcosm of the New Orleans disaster where the disaster was only regional. Despite decades of planning, FEMA failed once again. Yes, they were handed surprises, such as a failing levee system soaked beyond endurance so the soil surrounding the narrow tops eroded. The city cannot be drained because the pumps are under water - broken link one. Looters and gangs are stopping rescue efforts because police efforts were not supported by the missing New Orleans Reserves, who were of course stationed in Iraq - broken link two.
So if the slipping of the New Madrid will be WORSE than the disaster of New Orleans, affecting more cities and a wider area, and dropping land West of the Mississippi so flooding occurs, are these cities more prepared?
Those in the wake of the pending New Madrid quake, beware, and get prepared!